A brief rundown of my background is as follows:
- BS in Electrical Engineering – NJIT.
- BA in Mathematical Sciences – Kean University.
- 15+ years teaching electronic technicians at various trade schools. Taught both theory and hands-on laboratory applications. Authored two textbooks/workbooks on Electricity and Electronics.
- Taught Middle/ High School Mathematics in public schools for 5 years.
- Technical Training Specialist for Postal Technicians.
- Robotics Coordinator for M.E.T.S. Charter School.
Courses taught 2018-19 school year.
Engineering Design Process – Room 217
AP Physics – Room 225
2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR
GIANCOLI TEXTBOOK (7th. Edition) CHAPTERS:
Note that the chapters listed below are for the 7th Edition not the 6th edition book that we use for the course. However, the 7th Edition varies very little from the latter and in some areas enhances the learning by including additional examples and problem. I will do my best to indicate where the differences exist and prompt students of the differences, particularly with assigned homework problems.
Week 1: Orientation Physics Laboratory Safety Contract
2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
ENGINEERING DESIGN PROCESS
ENGINEERING DESIGN NOTEBOOK FORMS
EARTHQUAKE PROOF HOUSING PROJECT
Students will follow the Engineering Design Process (EDP) to creat models of buildings, test them on a “shake table”, analyze results, modify accordingly, and create a marketing “pitch” based on their models, results, and the perceived “fit” with local culture and needs.
Due Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2017
EARTHQUAKE PROOF HOUSING PROJECT – 2018-9