Please make sure physicals are up to date!!
Make sure to bring one way valve and face shield to class!!
11 12/16 CPR-Please complete the worksheet below
Adult CPR AED Worksheet
Please answer the following questions by using your Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook. For each question, write down the page number that you found the answer on.
- What are the two main parts of CPR?
- Define compression.
- What are the steps to compressions?
- If someone else knows CPR and they are with you, what should they remind you to do while giving compressions?
- If someone isn’t breathing or is only gasping and isn’t responding, your best chance to save that persons life is to do what?
- If you call the emergency response number (or 911), should you answer all of the dispatcher (operators) questions?
- What is an AED?
- When should you use an AED?
- If you are giving breaths with a mask, what should you do? (List the steps)
- What is the most important part of CPR?
- What are the steps for opening the airway?
- If an adult’s chest doesn’t rise when you give a breath, what should you do?
- How hard and fast should you push during adult CPR?
- What is the first thing you should do when you get the AED?
- What is the American Heart Association adult Chain of Survival? (List everything and explain what to do)
11 12/16 Health-Please complete the project below with a partner. Once a topic is picked, other groups are no longer allowed to use that topic.
Junior Health- Illegal Drug Project
Students have the option of either making a poster or a PowerPoint presentation. If you create a poster, all the information below must be included (be creative, pictures and colors need to be included). If you are making a PowerPoint, you need a minimum of 10 informational slides. Do not read off the poster or slides (points will be deducted). A bibliography must be included in the presentation.
These are the following questions that need to be answered:
What is it and what does it looks like?
How do you take the drug?
What are the effects of the drug?
- Short term and long term
- Which part of the brain/body are affected
- Vision, sleep, coordination, reaction time, behavior, judgment, memory
What are the laws about it?
- What are the laws in New Jersey and New York?
Have the laws have changed over the years?
- If so what changed about the law?
How do consumers purchase the drug?
How many people under 21 use the drug?
Can you get addicted to the drug?
- What is the percentage?
- How does it affect the individual, family and the community?
How many die from the drug a year?